Translate

Monday, September 30, 2013

Little Kids = super balls

Poor sweet pea cuddling with her Lola Bunny

Its crazy how fast little ones bounce back from being sick.
Yesterday afternoon Kai woke up from her nap happy and full of energy.
An hour later she was curled up in her bed whimpering in pain and crying for her Daddy.
I panicked and we immediately took her in. I had never seen her like that. Normally she'll tell me she has a tummy ache and I'll ask if she needs to/has pooped that day. The answer is always "No" and she runs to the bathroom and goes. (side note its very odd being so comfortable asking a tiny person if they've pooped lately O.o)

We took her in and as I stood there giving the receptionist all her info Kai covered both of us in vomit ((Gags)) It reeked to high heavens.
I thought the poor receptionist was going to barf just looking at us. Thankfully the poor woman kept it together and called a nurse who came to help me right away (HB was parking the car)

Luckily HB also had Lola Bunny so she was saved from the puke wave.
I was very impressed at how fast they took us back to a room and helped us wipe as much of the vomit as we could off.
The nurses were so sweet and Kai charmed them right away.
I felt so bad for Kai because she started apologizing for "spilling" on me. That's what she calls throwing up.

The Dr was very prompt and very thorough too. They gave her some Zofran right away and then took her for an X-Ray of her tummy just to make sure everything looked ok. They were kinda concerned about a portion of her colon collapsing into itself. (I guess that's common in little ones)

She only got sick the one time while we were there.
The X-Ray came back clear and they discharged us saying it must have been a virus.
I'm not sure I agree with them... I think it was something she ate but it doesn't matter now that she's feeling better. 

Here she is earlier today back to her spunky self lol 

She went to bed early last night and slept the whole night.
She woke up right as rain and like nothing happened!
Its insane how quickly little ones bounce back!











No comments:

Post a Comment