I love baking! I also have the worst sweet tooth EVER!
I scored some amazing orchard fresh apples last week.
I didn't want to make pie or anything traditional so I started roaming across the interwebs for some fun apple recipes.
Mainly I searched Pinterest lol
I found this awesome apple bread recipe. It is so yummy! I made 4 loaves and there is only 3/4 of one left lol
I did send some to work with HB for his coworker Ernie but that only accounts for half a loaf lol
I made it with and without walnuts. Both were delicious!
Here is the amazeball recipe...
I used Cortland Apples but I don't think it matters what type you use.
Make sure you coat your pans really well or the apples that touch the pan will make it stick big time!
I used Market Pantry Butter Flavored Baking Spray. I <3 Target Brands :)
Makes 2 small loaves or 1 large (heavy!) loaf. This some dense bread
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts (totally optional)
- 3 cups peeled, cored, and sliced apples
- 3 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 300 degrees F (150 C)
- Spray your pans down
- Mix Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Walnuts, and Apples in a Large bowl.
- Whisk Oil, Sugars, Eggs and Cinnamon together in a Smaller Bowl.
Add to the Flour mixture and mix until just moistened.
Evenly divide between your prepared pans
- Bake until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and it comes out clean.
Should take about 90 minutes depending on your oven.
- Cool and Enjoy!
HB says its amazing with Vanilla Ice Cream :)