Translate

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I was stalked by a DUCK!

This evening my Dad and I took Kai to this cute little out of the way park in our City.
I had never been there before. My Dad had taken Kai there when I was going through the miscarriage to give me some peace and quiet.
Kai was dying to show me the awesome park that her and Grandpop found.

It was such a cute and out of the way little park almost in the middle of the city right off of the river.
I can't wait to take HB there. Maybe do a cook out :)

Now... I generally cringe when I run into kids at these parks. I know that sounds awful but normally those kids are a bunch of little butt holes. And their parents are usually no where to be found.
Not surprising that after we got there 2 women and their collective 6 kids showed up. Not only were they kind but they didn't stare or whisper about me nor did they call their kids away from playing with Kai.
That happens often to me and HB since we look a little different.
This day and age you wouldn't think that we would encounter that kind of stuff with dyed hair and piercings being more common place but eh. But those biatches are more common than you would think.

Any-who it was so nice and refreshing to encounter this.
All of them were polite and friendly. All the kids but one was older then Kai by at least 2 years. The Moms made sure that the older kids didn't run into Kai and that they didn't cut her off or push her out of the way.
Kai wanted to swing but we let the littlest kid a girl about 2 go first. The Mom actually "thanked" me and was genuine about it.

On to the Duck. The playground is next to the river that runs through the city. My Dad spotted 2 ducks swimming below the canoe chute.
We walked over to check them out and I commented to my Dad that it was too bad that I hadn't brought the old bread I had at home to feed them. I no sooner said the word "Bread" and one of the ducks came waddling as fast as it could up the chute lol
It started following me!
It looked at my Dad and Kai. Guess they weren't interesting.
Kai quickly lost interest in Stalker Duck and ran back to the playground equipment. I started to follow her when my Dad say "Hey look at the Duck!"

I turned around and it was still following me like "Hey whats up? I heard you say Bread? Can you hook a duck up?"
For every one step I took it would take 2 closer to me. I could have touched it!
I swear it followed me around the playground for like 5 minutes until Kai noticed the duck was still following Mommy.
At which point she exclaimed "AWww Mommy it likes you! We should take it home!" 

I replied "Really, Kai? Wth would we do with a Duck in our apartment?!"
As I say those words 5 of the Duck's buddies pop out of the weeds like "Road Trip!"
Haha... No.
Still can't believe I was stalked by a Duck...







So I heard you say "Bread"

No comments:

Post a Comment