Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Modern Toddler and Gummy Style

I know I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it a million more times but Kai never stops amazing me. I love watching her personality emerge and rediscovering old things with her.

Today the weather has been cold and damp so we're staying inside for now. She's impatient for my Dad to call because when he does she gets to go for a ride in Grandpop's truck and they're going to Menards to get more sand for her sandbox.

We have basic cable currently though there isn't hardly anything on right now that I want Kai to watch. I am so Anti SpongeBob its not funny. He irritates the freaking hell out of me and Kai seems to lose her little pea pickin mind after watching one episode. So we don't do that anymore.
I am all about PBS and Disney Junior. Hopefully once HB gets more hours at work we'll upgrade to the expanded that has the Disney Junior channel till then eh.
I have discovered though that Kai enjoys The History Channel shows like American Pickers, Swamp People, and America Unearthed. She also likes Food Network's Iron Chef America.
I do my best to limit her TV time and go outside when the weather permits.
Today however she surprised me by asking me to turn on my stereo to listen to the CD I have in. I hadn't realized she liked The Black Keys.
We had an impromptu dance party to The Black Keys. She enjoyed the entire CD but really got down for Lonely Boy and Gold on the Ceiling.

I'm not surprised that she likes music so much because her Dad and I are big into music.
The music she picks is what really surprises me. She likes AFI, The Black Keys, Mumford and Sons, Iron and Wine, A Band of Horses, The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, The Jaggernauts (local Band) and for some reason Psy. She loves dancing to Gangnam style. She calls it Gummy Style.
Her Daddy found this version and I've watched it way more than I care to admit :)
Kai even has her own playlist on my Youtube full of Sesame Street, Tinker Bell and other funny kid songs

No comments:

Post a Comment