Translate

Friday, May 24, 2013

Cooking up a storm!

I LOVE to cook and haven't really found anything I can't make so far besides frozen Pizza.
This past Tuesday I made a birthday cake for my neighbor's son (He turned 10) which I used box mix for but I am beyond proud of myself for the Spiderman I put on it for the little boy. It looks lopsided in the pic but I had so much fun doing it and he LOVED it.

I was feeling pretty Suzy Homemaker so I knocked out 2 loaves of banana bread too. One with walnuts and one without. I would have pics of them but they were devoured by HB and Peanut before I could!
I used my Grandma T's recipe and they turned out picture perfect.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 Egg                                                   
                                                      1 c. Sugar                                                                                                    2 c. Flour                                                              
3 Bananas mashed                                   
1 tsp. Vanilla                                           

1 tsp. soda
 Optional
1/2 c. Chopped Nuts
1/2 c. Maraschino Cherries
1/2 c. Chopped Dates

Instructions:
Mix first 5 ingredients and beat well. Then add Flour, Soda, Nuts, Cherries, and Dates. Makes 1 Large or 2 Small loaves. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.
Enjoy :)
Fun Cake :)
                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment