Translate

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

No school like old school :)

Playing Super Mario Bros 3 on my Yobo :)

Now that winter has arrived up here our outdoor forays are limited.
I don't mind the cool/cold weather but Kai hates it. She despises being cold.
Last year I bundled her up to go out and build a snow man. She made it 15 minutes and then wanted Daddy to take her back in.
I try to get her outside to play more but I'm not going to make her miserable in the process.
During the winter we socialize with our downstairs neighbors more (they have 3 kids) and we go walking at the mall lol She LOVES shopping.

Last year she was too little and wouldn't sit still long enough to play any games. By midwinter we were going nuts. I was sick of the mall and she was getting cabin fever something fierce.

So THIS winter we decided to try something new.
Its been raining and nasty cold out already so the other rainy day while we were hanging out with my Mom we busted out my Yobo. My original NES died a while back due to lighting shorting it out.
I was able to go to a local game resale place and get a Yobo.

I was amazed when I gave Kai the controller and she was actually able to make Mario go bouncing across the screen.
When we had tried playing on the Wii she died almost instantly.
Honestly I think the shape of the nunchuk messed her up.

Whats funnier is that on the "Spade" bonus area (the one where you have to match up the pieces for lives) Kai can get a 2 lives Mushroom every time!
I've only seen her mess one up. Its so adorable because she calls them "Marshmallows"
We've made it to world 3 (water world) finally. I make sure to limit how long she plays for. She hates the fish but thinks the Frog Suits are adorable.

I love sharing this game with her! It brings back so many great memories and its great making new ones with her doing something we both enjoy.
I used to love playing it so much back when my parents got me my very first Nintendo when I was 6.
Between that and Gauntlet I was so hooked on games.
I can't wait to dig out my Super Nintendo and introduce her to those games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment