Translate

Friday, September 6, 2013

Love no matter what (controversial)


So the other day HB, Kai and I went out to dinner at the local Red Robin (love their burgers)
We ended up with a very pretty waitress that was super friendly and great at her job.
She actually talked to Kai instead of over her. They talked about Princesses and Hello Kitty.
After she left with our orders Kai got all bashful when she walked past again and smiled at her.
HB and I both asked Kai what was up since she had been so talkative a few minutes earlier.
Kai sat there for a minute and then whispered "I want to marry that lady. She wants to marry me. She's so pretty."
She looked at me and HB while we started smiling at her.
HB spoke first "Ok but you can't marry her. Not because she's a girl but because you're 4! When you get older you can marry whoever you want and we'll love you no matter what."
I got teary eyed (damn hormones lol) and told her "We will support you in all your decisions and we'll always love you."
Kai got excited "Really! I can marry a lady!"
Us "Yes but not until you're older!"
Kai "Awwww ok"


I never thought we would be having this conversation with her at the age of 4. I'm amazed at how mature she sounded.
I know that things could change and that she might not like ladies later on or she could always like ladies.
Either way I am proud of us on how we handled it when we weren't prepared for it. It came so natural to respond how we did.

I cannot imagine disowning her over something like that.
We are Allies and proud of it. Everyone deserves the right to love.


No comments:

Post a Comment