Translate

Monday, August 5, 2013

Closing this Chapter of our Lives and Moving Forward. Part 2. (Graphic and Swearing)

Continued from Part 1


 Once I again I am typing out our story to share it with the women that have the awful misfortune to go through something like this.
When we found out that we lost our baby I scored the internet for info on the different types of miscarriages to get a better understanding and to make a more informed decision. I hope this helps.


 (Wednesday July 31st.)
We decided to go with a dose of Misoprostol (cytotec) inserted vaginally O.o (that was uncomfortable and awkward with HB in the room. Not like its anything new for him. He watched Kai be born.)

She told us that it probably wouldn't do much for a couple hours and that it would take full effect in the morning. >.< Oh Joy I thought no sleep!
Everything was put in around 2:30.
I mentioned pain management and her response was that I should be ok with just Tylenol but that she would leave a note for the On Call Midwife if I decided I needed something stronger. She thought I'd be fine since I had Kai drug free and natural.


We were hungry so we hit a McDonald's on the way home. I had sworn off their food 6 months ago and eating there this time reminded me why. ICK!
30 minutes later the cramping started. Naturally right as we're stuck at a light with power lines down :P

I started bleeding heavier when we got home. I switched to the long over night heavy Kotex pads.
I was feeling pretty good til about 7pm when they started feeling more like contractions and I couldn't stand up straight.
I caved and called the Midwife. She called in a script for me right away to the local Walgreen's for HB to pick up. I waited the longest 45 minutes EVER and then called to make sure the script was ready and that HB could pick it up. The girl that answered the phone was incredible rude and informed me that they were out and I would have to wait 2 DAYS.
I didn't have the energy to argue or be snide. I just hung up on her and called the Midwife back. She was livid that they treated me like that and that they didn't tell her they were out when she called it in.
I was very lucky that my Mom has a pain med script for her back problem. I told the midwife "I know you cannot recommend taking meds that aren't mine but could I do this for some relief?"
Her response was great. "You're right I can't but I can say this... If I was your Mom I'd give it to you."

It helped a little. My body started passing some pretty large clots but it was about the same as after Kai was born.
My body held off till we put Kai to bed and then I shut myself in the bathroom after there was a large gush of blood that filled my pad.
I passed more clots and got up only to double over in pain. I was on the verge of yelling for HB because of the pain when I felt something "drop" into my vaginal canal. It was the strangest feeling I've ever experienced.
I immediately sat down on the toilet and gave a little push. It dropped into the water. The pain ended almost instantly. It was shocking how fast it ended.
I couldn't see because the water was extremely bloody.
I couldn't help my curiousity and I wanted to make sure I knew what had passed. I got a chopstick and fished around. I didn't touch it or pull it completely from the water.
I had passed the sac intact. It looked like a Jelly fish for lack of a better comparison. I never saw a fetus or anything of that sort.
I had a few more strong cramps and some more tissue came out then I was done. I bled heavily for about an hour and right before I panicked it stopped.
I was done by 1am.
We went to bed and I slept on a towel to save our sheets.
The next day I didn't feel so hot so we stayed home.
Friday my lower back hurt some more and I passed another chunk of tissue about the size of a walnut.
As of today (Monday August 5) I am pain free and have pretty much stopped bleeding.
I am at peace with everything and know this was for the best.
I have to go in for blood work once a week till my numbers go down to non-pregnant levels and then we can try for another baby :D

Couple things to note. 

1.I am incredibly sorry if you've gone through something like this :(  
2. Make the choices your comfortable with! Don't let anyone force you to do anything.
3. Its a good idea to make a list of Blood Type, Allergies, Medications and dosages, medical conditions etc so if something happens you can give whoever the list of info.
4. Every instance is different. It took my friend 2 weeks to mc naturally.
5. Everyone copes differently.

If you have any questions please comment with them and I'll answer the best I can.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment