Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It just went "click"

We've been struggling with potty training for over a year! O.o 
Nothing worked with Kai. I read countless Blogs and parenting articles trying all the tricks. I made 2 potty charts got her special stickers for them, special treats, special Hello Kitty underwear that she picked, we tried naked training, putting the potty in the living room, even talked to her Pediatrician (he was no help) and finally threw our hands up and bought Pull Ups though we bought the Target Brand. They worked great and they're not as expensive. Plus Kai loved the Fairies and Unicorns on the girls pull ups. 

2 days ago it suddenly just "clicked" with Kai and now she's been going on the potty with no problem. She's only had 2 accidents, 1 when she caught a shiver from the AC and the other when she was waking up from her nap.
I am beyond proud of her except for one little thing... She keeps trying to play in the potty after she flushes it! Like OMG EW!!!
We went through this a while ago when she was first discovering the potty. I thought we had broken her of playing in the potty.
Now she's getting mad at me because I don't trust her in the bathroom alone >.<
Oh well I'm sure things will even out soon.
She told me today that she wants to be a good big sister so that's why she's going in the big potty. Awwwww
Plus she is super excited to start 4K this fall. She has been dying to go to school since Daddy start back to college in April. 


She's growing up so fast but I'm so proud of her! :') I know with a new baby coming this is a good thing but I'm still sad to see my baby growing up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment